“In this blog, we discuss the best laptops for online teachers to use to help them streamline their online teaching journey.”
If you’re thinking of becoming an online teacher and want to host your course online, having the best laptop for online teaching is extremely advantageous. After all, you don’t want to compromise the quality of your course in any way.
Choosing the best laptop for online teachers is not a matter of price but more about performance and efficiency. While many laptops are available on the market today, it’s tough to find one best suited to your needs.
Related Blog: The macro teaching technique: How to teach large classes?
There are a lot of features that laptops with the best specs possess. But, a few key features can help you determine whether or not a particular laptop is perfect for teaching.
So straight away, let’s get into the top features that you should look for while searching for the best laptop for online teachers.
- Top laptop features required for teaching online
- Top 7 laptops for online teachers
- Asus zenBook 13
- Samsung galaxy flex
- Dell Inspiron 15 5000
- Acer aspire 5
- Apple MacBook pro
- Microsoft surface laptop 3
- HP Envy X360
- Buy the best laptop for teaching online and start creating courses with Graphy
Top laptop features required for teaching online
- Processor: The processor must be fast enough to run your software smoothly. Having an Intel Core i5 or above processor is recommended.
- Memory: You need ample memory so that you don’t have to worry about your computer slowing down or lagging due to too many apps running at once. A device with 128 or 256 GB is enough to store all the online course-related data. A solid-state drive (SSD) is the preferred option for high performance.
- Screen size: You’ll need a good screen size for any projects that require multimedia. For example, using video or audio in lesson plans is becoming increasingly common. You can opt for a screen size larger than 13 inches. Most of the laptops come in 13, 15, and 17-inch sizes, with the smaller ones being lighter and more mobile. Opt for the one with a bigger screen size if you need more visibility.
- Battery life: You’ll want a good battery life so that you don’t have to worry about plugging in your laptop. Having a laptop with a battery life of above 8 hours will help you take classes for a complete day without charging.
- Webcam: A webcam allows you to connect with your students in the classroom and remain approachable. Most online teaching jobs require that you use a high-definition webcam since the resolution is key to creating a well-rounded learning experience. Better webcams can be used as attachments for laptops, but it’s far easier to simply buy a laptop that has a well-integrated webcam instead of fiddling around with buying and attaching an extra piece of equipment.
And finally, if you have a higher budget, try getting a laptop with a touchscreen. It makes navigating your laptop much more intuitive and fun.
The good news is that we’ve already done the hard work for you. Here’s the list of the best laptop for online teachers:
Top 7 laptops for online teachers
Asus zenBook 13
The Asus ZenBook 13 is one of the best laptops for online teachers looking for a mid-range laptop with powerful processing. The edge-to-edge keyboard saves space for a row of extra function keys on the right side, making typing more efficient.
- Equipped with an Intel Core i5-1135G7 processor
- It has 16GB of RAM and 512GB of SSD storage space.
- Integrated Intel Iris Xe in terms of graphics capabilities.
- 16-hour battery life
- OLED Display
How the Asus Zenbook helps online teachers?
- You’ll be able to run all your apps without any lag time between switching tasks.
- The RAM is enough to hold all your files as well as any additional software you may need (such as video editing programs).
- The 16-hour battery life can get you through a full day’s work.
- Asus produces some of the best mid-range laptops available.
- Sleek design.
- Excellent performance.
- No touch screen.
- It lacks a 3.5 mm jack, a finger-sensor, or a touchscreen option.
Starting at 71,990₹
Related: Grow your online community in 2022
Samsung galaxy flex
The Samsung Galaxy Flex is an excellent laptop for online teachers because it combines the portability of a tablet with the full functionality of a laptop. The 13.3-inch touchscreen display and compact size make it easy to carry anywhere. It provides a flip-to-switch feature that converts the laptop into a tablet. This feature comes in handy when you want to note down something quickly.
- 8GB of RAM and 512GB of storage.
- The 10th generation Intel I7 processor.
- 19 hours of battery life made complete with Wireless PowerShare’s ability to charge your other wireless devices right on the trackpad.
- Stream and browse on a gorgeous QLED touchscreen, which touts virtually 100% color volume and stays vibrant even in direct sunlight.
- Make your screen a canvas as you take notes, sketch, or use intuitive gestures to start slideshows or adjust volume, all with the Bluetooth-enabled S Pen.
How the Samsung Galaxy Flex helps online teachers?
- Great storage capacity helps you easily save every course file, video, and resource.
- This laptop boasts an impressive battery life; you’ll be able to work for up to 12 hours before needing to recharge the device.
- The laptop delivers split-second responsiveness to make multitasking easy and ensures that you won’t get distracted by delays.
- The Ultra Slim PC includes an S pen that essentially turns this into a presentation rig at the touch of a button. The pens help you gain total control over your screen with Bluetooth connectivity.
- One of the best on the market if you want a MacBook alternative with larger screen size.
- The higher price tag for having premium features.
Starting at 1,05,000₹
Dell Inspiron 15 5000
The Dell Inspiron 15 5000 is one of the best laptops for online teachers in its price range. The 15.6-inch screen is large enough to display videos and other content clearly, while still being small enough to carry around.
- An Intel Core i7-1035G1 processor powers it.
- It comes with 8GB of RAM and 512GB of SSD storage, making it great for running multiple applications simultaneously.
- The NVIDIA GeForce MX 330 graphics card makes this laptop suited for editing graphics and creating digital art.
- 15.6-inch, FHD 1920 x 1080, 60 Hz, anti-glare, non-touch, narrow border, 45% NTSC, 220 nits, wide-viewing angle screen.
How the Dell Inspiron 15 helps online teachers?
- The thin bezel around the screen allows you to see more content without reducing its size too much.
- The processor offers incredible responsiveness and smooth, seamless multitasking.
- The built-in lid sensor allows you to power up in a snap and start working instantly.
- Excellent performance for delivering video lectures and web usage.
- Nice design for a budget laptop.
- 16 GB of RAM and an SSD help run smoothly.
- Touch screen
- The Full HD display is pretty average.
Starting at 80,000₹
Acer aspire 5
The Acer Aspire 5 is the most affordable laptop for online teachers. It has an Intel Core processor, which is more than enough power to handle the daily teaching tasks.
The Acer Spin gets high praise in several online teaching forums and Facebook groups, making this one of the best laptops for online teachers at a lower price point.
When it comes to reliability among online course creators, Graphy is considered very reliable. It provides its users with a comprehensive platform that is designed to enrich the learning experiences of customers while continuing to hold immense value.
- 35.6 cm (14″) screen
- FHD Intel Core i3 11th Gen Processor
- RAM: 8GB, ROM: 512 GB SSD
- Intel Integrated UHD Graphics Windows 11 Home
How Acer spin 5 helps online teachers?
- The laptop can handle most of your general needs at an affordable price, like word processing, internet browsing, and online teaching.
- LED-backlit is ideal for working in places with low lighting.
- Microsoft office home 2021 comes pre-installed.
- HD audio/video recording for creating superior quality course videos.
- Excellent value.
- Extremely affordable.
- Large screen.
- Wi-Fi that works well.
- Low RAM
- Low performance compared to high-end laptops.
Starting at 42,999₹
Apple MacBook pro
The Apple MacBook Pro is an all-rounder laptop because it provides a long-lasting battery life, fast performance, and a comfortable keyboard. The high-end specs of the MacBook Pro make it one of the best laptops for online teachers.
- The MacBook Pro has a 13.3-inch screen that renders your work with clarity.
- It is equipped with an Apple M-1 processor to provide extra power in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance.
- The 8GB of RAM will be able to handle multiple tabs open at once without slowing down your computer’s speed at all.
- You’ll have 512GB of SSD storage space on this laptop.
- It weighs 3 lbs.
- Fanless design for silent performance.
How apple MacBook pro helps online teachers?
- The memory in Macbook is enough to store all the files related to your courses and course materials (such as videos).
- Its sleek design makes it ideal for carrying around, and it fits well in the hand.
- The processor is powerful enough to handle video editing, photo editing, or any other tasks you may be doing during class time.
- Elegant style.
- Excellent battery life.
- Stunning retina screen.
- Perfect built-in webcam and microphone.
- Some teaching software may not be compatible with Mac OS.
- Small screen
- High pricing.
Starting at 1,29,900₹
Microsoft surface laptop 3
The Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 is a powerful laptop that’s great for on-the-go work. Its 2-in-1 touchscreen display makes it easy to navigate through various applications and programs. The display brightens automatically when there’s more light and dims automatically when there’s less light, making it easy on the eyes.
- 12.3-inch touch screen with IPS technology and 10-point multi-touch.
- The display has a resolution of 2736 x 1824 pixels, making it one of the crispiest displays in its class.
- It features a Dolby Audio Premium sound system with dual front-facing speakers that offer clear audio quality.
- Ultra-slim and light surface.
How does Microsoft Surface laptop 3 help online teachers?
- High-resolution display to work on.
- Enough battery to teach for a long time without charging.
- Next-gen laptop 2 in 1 studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, work, and write seamlessly.
- Tablet mode is available as an option.
- The stylus is included.
- Excellent for screen drawing and writing.
- Battery life is adequate.
- CPU performance is average.
- The screen size is small.
Starting at 1,04,949₹
HP Envy X360
The HP Envy X360 is an affordable and durable laptop that is perfect for online teachers. It has a powerful processor, plenty of RAM, an SSD hard drive, and a discrete graphics card.
- AMD Ryzen 5 4500U CPU, is more than enough to handle any task you can throw at it.
- The GPU: AMD Radeon Vega will be able to process high-end graphics with ease.
- 512 GB of SSD ensures that everything runs smoothly without slowing down.
- The 360-degree hinge allows you to choose pen or touch input, so you can capture every intricate sketch with complete precision.
- 13.3-inch diagonal, Full HD (1920 x 1080), multitouch-enabled, IPS, edge-to-edge glass, micro-edge, BrightView display.
How HP envy X360 help online teachers?
- It is equipped for ultimate performance with the latest AMD processor and powerful graphics, making it lag-free in high-performance settings.
- Equipped with a long-lasting battery that can last up to 16.75 hours on one charge, you get the power you require to teach online throughout the day.
- Outfitted with Windows 11 Home and Microsoft Office, you get all the important tools pre-installed.
- This is an excellent laptop for work and general use.
- No frills laptop with quality performance.
- Best in price and affordable.
- The foldable design and extremely user-friendly.
- Weak hinges due to foldable design.
Starting at 77,000₹
Related Blog: Teaching Aids - Ideas for Teachers to Use in the Classroom
Buy the best laptop for teaching online and start creating courses with Graphy
Once you get yourself the best laptop for teaching online, you can start your journey of teaching online using Graphy’s ultimate course creation tool and platform.
Graphy’s comprehensive course-creation platform is the perfect solution to turn your desire to help people into a growing career. You can leverage the powerful features and tools that Graphy offers to build, market, and sell courses online that meet the needs of a global marketplace.
Graphy offers a load of features that will definitely add stars to your success, features like:
- Branded website and mobile app
- Advanced-level marketing and sales tools and features
- Multi-layer content security
- Rich multimedia
- 24*7 customer support
- Customizable landing/sales pages
- Personalized course completion certificates for your learners
- Integrated payment gateways and country-specific pricing.
Isn’t it amazing?