In this blog, we will discuss the steps to convert an image to text with Google Drive.
In today’s digital world, we are flooded with a wide variety of files—graphics, pictures, and so on. However, sometimes the information we need is the text hidden in these images.
Google Drive is a cloud storage solution that allows you to store files, folders, and other data online in the cloud at any time. You can use your mobile device or computer to access the files or convert an image to text with Google Drive.
Image-to-text conversion has been around for a while now. With the advent of Google’s vision API, it is now easier to quickly convert an image to text. One of the uses for the image to text conversion is to use the generated text on your webpage. This can help build a more contextual search and allow people to search for images and retrieve the text.
This article will show you how to convert an image to text with Google Drive. This process will result in a text file you can use in Excel or any other spreadsheet application.
So before we get into how, let’s understand the advantages of it.
Also read: The top 10 powerpoint to mp4 video converters
The advantages of converting images to text with Google Drive
Google Drive is a great place to save photos, documents, and other files. But the process of converting text to images can be tedious and time-consuming. Here are some of the advantages of using Google Drive to convert an image to text:
Convert batches of files at once
You can convert multiple photos or other files into one batch by uploading them all at once. This makes it easy to convert large amounts of data quickly and efficiently.
Also read: Google Drive vs. Google Photos: What’s the difference?
An integrated batch conversion tool
The integrated batch conversion tool makes it easy to convert multiple files at once. The tool also has an option for saving the converted images directly to your drive, so you don’t have an extra step in between saving the file and converting it.
Easier than other tools
Google Drive’s built-in conversion tool offers a simple interface that makes it easier than other tools on the market. Other tools require users to manually select each photo one by one before starting the process, which can be time-consuming if you’re trying to convert thousands of images at once.
Also read: 8 Google Calendar features you should start using now
Why should you convert an image to text with Google Drive?
There are a number of reasons why you might want to convert an image to text with Google Drive.
1. You can create a PDF or Word document from the image, which can then be shared with others in a more accessible format than just an image file.
2. You can search for text in the image file, or even translate the text into other languages.
3. It’s better for you and the people who can access your files. If you have a team of people working with you, they’ll be able to see everything at once, including all the files. The storage capacity of Google Drive allows you to store and convert a large number of files all at once.
Prerequisites to convert an image to text with Google Drive
- Format: You can convert various image formats such as JPEG, PNG, GIF, or PDF.
- File size: Your file size should be 2 MB or less.
- Resolution: Text should be 10 pixels high at least.
- Orientation: Documents must be vertical. If your graphic is facing the wrong way, you must rotate it and upload it to Google Drive afterward.
- Languages: Google Drive can automatically detect the language used in a document.
- Font and character set: It’s advisable to use common fonts such as Arial or Times New Roman in the document as they are easy to detect.
- Image quality: Use sharp images with better lighting and clear contracts for best results.
Steps to convert an image to text with Google Drive
Step 1: To convert an image to text with Google Drive, go to Google Drive’s website on your computer.
Step 2: Right-click on the image that you want to convert. Click on the “Open with” option, then select Google Docs.
Step 3: The image file will be converted to a Google Doc. However, the formatting might not transfer. Bolding, italics, and font size are likely to remain. Lists and tables aren’t as likely to be detected because they tend to disrupt the flow of your writing.
Choose whether you want to convert all images (useful if you have lots of files with images) or just this one image (useful if your file has just one image). If you choose “all,” you’ll see a progress bar while it converts everything. If you select “this one only,” it’ll only use this single image.
Your original image or file may appear slowly at first, but it’ll get there. It will take a few extra seconds, especially if the image is large. You’ll see the original file on top and the converted text below it.
This is how you convert an image to text with Google Drive.
Also read: Google Meet, Hangout, and Chat everything you need to know
How can you re-edit text after conversion?
If you want to edit the text generated from an image by Google Drive, you can make use of the formatting options present in Google Word. You can edit things like font style, font size, and background color based on your preference. You can try matching the final result to the original image to the maximum extent possible.
Also read: Power Words: List of Power Words That Will Boost Your Conversions
Graphy, the online course creation, selling, and marketing platform
If you are looking to create your online course and sell it with minimum effort and easy-to-use features, then Graphy is the best place for you. Graphy has thousands of active content creators who have created their own online courses and monetized their skills. You can also do the same, and the best thing is that you can start for free.
Graphy offers a load of features that will definitely add stars to your success, features like:
- Branded website and mobile app
- Advanced-level marketing and sales tools and features
- Multi-layer content security
- Rich multimedia
- 24*7 customer support
- Customizable landing/sales pages
- Personalized course completion certificates for your learners
- Integrated payment gateways and country-specific pricing
Isn’t it amazing?