In this blog, we’ll take you through all the steps where you can learn how you can get verified on Instagram.
You are at the right place if you want to get verified on Instagram. Graphy has examined, tested, and studied the most effective ways to become verified on Instagram. In this article, we will learn how to meet the requirements of getting verified and applying for a blue tick.
If you are a business, having a simple company page on Instagram is no longer enough to build trust. The Verification Badge is an essential factor in determining whether users will trust your business.
Instagram’s verified badge shows that others may trust your company, goods, services, or suggestions. Unfortunately, obtaining a verified badge on Instagram is more complicated than it should be.
Table of Contents
- What does Instagram’s Verified Badge mean?
- What are the benefits of getting verified?
- Who can get verified on Instagram, and what are the requirements?
- How to request verification on Instagram?
- How long does it take to review the verification application?
- 7 Instagram tips to help verification
- Try Graphy and stand out as unique from other content creators
What does Instagram’s Verified Badge mean?
You’ve noticed the tiny blue checkmark next to the names of some of your favorite Instagram accounts. This blue stamp with a checkmark in the middle denotes a verified Instagram account. The Instagram verified emblem verifies the authenticity of users, brands, and companies. The blue badge is awarded to well-known users and businesses on Instagram. It’s crucial to stay away from fake accounts.
What are the benefits of getting verified?
Some of the benefits of getting verified on Instagram are:
– It separates a notable account from its copy or fake profile
– Blue tick increases brand credibility
– Verified accounts often get new features earlier
Who can get verified on Instagram, and what are the requirements?
Anyone can apply for Instagram verification. But Instagram is quite selective about who receives verification, and they do not explain why they can not verify you.
So, what steps can you take to ensure you are verified successfully on Instagram?
According to Instagram, anyone fulfilling the following requirements can get verified:
– Authentic: Your Instagram account represents a registered business or real person.
– Unique: Your account should have a unique niche like business, entrepreneur, artist, or entertainment.
– Complete and Active profile: Your account must have all the information updated, like profile image, bio, and other information. Also, you should be active there.
– Public account: Before applying for verification, make your account public. Personal accounts don’t qualify for verification.
-Notable: The accounts must belong to a business or individual and are often searched online or mentioned in many news outlets. If your organization is new and you want to get verified on Instagram. You must make sure that it is mentioned in several online publications. It must also appear high in Google search results and have a respectable fanbase.
How to request verification on Instagram?
The application to get verified on Instagram is quite simple to complete. Just adhere to these simple instructions:
- Log in to your Instagram account, open your profile page, and select Menu from the upper right corner.
- Click the Settings button
- Click the Account button.
- Scroll down and tap Request Verification.
- Complete the fields for your name, business name, and category.
- Include a photo of your ID or official papers.
- Once you are done with the application, click Send!
How long does it take to review the verification application?
After making the request, you might be curious about how long it takes to receive Instagram verification.
The verification process for your account takes a few weeks. Therefore, it does not happen immediately.
Once you submit your application, Instagram will review your profile to whether it complies with the requirements.
Instagram will notify you via a notification whether your account is verified within 30 days. You can view notifications under the app’s Activity area. To read the notice, only press the heart icon.
After 30 days, a second request may be made in the case of denial.
7 Instagram tips to help verification
Even though Instagram does not give the exact reason for rejecting your application. We have some tips that will help you to get verified on Instagram.
Complete your profile and start building an audience
The first step for verification is completing your Instagram profile. First, include a well-written bio explaining you or your work. Next, add a profile picture to your account and ensure your profile is 100% comprehensive.
You may gain credibility with your audience and attract more followers, interaction, and media attention by ensuring your profile is thorough and authentic.
Once you are done with your profile, start building your audience. Get more real followers. There is no specific number for verification on Instagram. But the more real followers you have, the more you will likely get a verification badge.
Notably, do not go for shortcuts and buy followers. This is like breaking the community rule of Instagram, which will affect your application. Building a genuine following may take some time but believe us, it is worth investing in.
Related Blog: How to download Instagram Reels: A step-by-step guide
Create an audience on other platforms and be searchable
Having a good following on other social media platforms may increase your chances of getting a verification badge on Instagram.
Honestly, nobody can go around begging for the Instagram verification badge. It would be best if you often appeared in news outlets, were well-known to the public, and were actively searched for. When Instagram analyzes your profile, having a good following and reputation on platforms like Twitter, Facebook, or YouTube can be a plus point.
For example, press releases and Twitter have a lot in common. Take advantage of that. Utilize the attention you receive when your name is mentioned in the news or the media to expand your social media presence.
Look out for fake profiles
This tip is directly from Instagram on how to get verified on Instagram. They repeatedly emphasize that verification is carried out to improve the user experience and prevent impersonation.
Accounts of famous personalities and brands are easily verified because they are likely to be impersonated. You stand out as unique because of your verified badge. The badge ensures others that they are not following a fake account.
Create high-quality posts and increase their potential
Whatever social media site you choose, you need to focus on establishing a presence there. Personalizing the information you post on social media is a great strategy to build your reputation. Users will be able to recognize your brand more quickly if you utilize custom or brand hashtags, include your brand logo in your posts, and keep your look consistent.
- Collect your images or design posts: Start taking pictures after learning what your fans like to see on your page. Since they are adept at appealing to their audience, influencers get followers.
- Make use of insights: Go to your Instagram business profile and utilize insights to develop content that appeals to users of your feed. Don’t forget to post when your audience is most engaged. Learn more about your followers and make changes to your campaigns accordingly.
- Engage with your audience: Any social network must prioritize engagement. Be sure to spend time like posts, commenting on them, and researching pertinent hashtags to engage with your audience.
Avoid attempting shortcuts to get the blue badge, such as buying it through a third-party service.
In addition to being useless and expensive, trying to buy a verification badge can result in penalties for breaking Instagram’s community rules.
For instance, if you give inaccurate or misleading information throughout the procedure, Instagram may completely delete your account. Avoid abusing hashtags, spamming comments, and repeating content without acknowledgment or permission. Alongside, as mentioned earlier, avoid buying fake followers.
Related Blog: 60+ Captivating Instagram Captions for Couples: Express Your Love
Hire a marketing agency to help
Consider working with a reputed digital marketing or PR agency if you’d like to employ someone to assist you with the process.
These agencies are part of Facebook’s Media Partner Support program, and through the industry-exclusive site, they can submit requests on your behalf for validating your account.
Remember, partnering with a PR is entirely different than buying fake followers or a verification badge. Also, an agency may boost your chances, but there is no assurance that verification will be successful.
Related Blog: Short Instagram Captions
Try again if your request is not cleared in the first go
If Instagram rejects you after all this hard work, use the chance to focus on your objectives and increase your efforts. Develop a loyal following, improve your Instagram approach, and generate attention outside the network. You may then reapply after waiting the requisite 30 days.
Try Graphy and stand out as unique from other content creators
In today’s fast-paced world, several content creators pitch their courses and content to the audience. It is better to stand unique than to follow the others traditionally. If you are a content creator and looking to monetize your skills, then Graphy is the platform for you.
Graphy is a one-stop solution for content creators planning to create and sell online courses. You can start with a 14-day trial and upgrade to a paid plan. Thousands of content creators are already using Graphy to deliver knowledge to their learning community in the best way possible. Well-curated tools help you throughout the creation process, from adding the first chapter in your course to making your first sale.