In this blog, we will take you through how to choose the best LMS software in India effectively and efficiently.
There is an ample number of LMS available in the online market. Choosing the best LMS software in India is an arduous task.
Since its inception, the eLearning sector has been booming. To provide eLearning courses, an institution needs to have a Learning Management System.
Almost 51% of the companies that use eLearning are less satisfied due to the poor user experience. About 90% of the learners prefer learning online rather than offline. So in this blog, you will gain step-by-step knowledge about how to choose the best LMS Software.
To start with, let’s know what’s the meaning of LMS.
What is the meaning of LMS?
Firstly, LMS stands for Learning Management System. LMS is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) product that develops, organizes, and delivers learning materials while also tracking learners.
It enables people, businesses, and educational institutions to develop, organize, and deliver materials. It effectively facilitates the learning process.
What is the use of LMS?
LMS being an all-in-one product makes it easier to keep track of everything that has to do with digital learning. You can combine your website with your online teaching platform using LMS. It reduces the possibilities of human error and also saves a lot of time, energy, & money.
Companies utilize a corporate LMS to assist existing employees in enhancing their professional skills. It also trains the new employees on company-wide programs.
Since LMS has a reporting feature, it enables you to keep a check and manage your learners. It also assists you in identifying key performance indicators like:
- How many students enrolled in your course?
- How much time was specifically spent on a topic by your learners?
- You can also check the results of exams.
Based on the above factors, you can improvise your teaching methods, style, and approaches.
Table of Contents
How to Choose the best LMS Software in India
Choosing the best LMS software is a challenging task. However, if you take a deep dive into the following steps you can overcome the challenges.
Keep reading the steps thoroughly.
Step#1: Evaluate your requirements.
With several learning platforms to choose from, you first need to set search criteria. It’s critical to understand what you exactly want from an LMS. Moreover, you would need to figure out how LMS will assist you in achieving your training and business agenda.
Identify your aim and target
Initially, you have to set your business goal. A goal that you dreamt of and want to achieve. Ask yourself “what is the purpose of the training” and “what do you want to achieve out of training”? Once you have a clear answer it will be easy for you to have a clear vision of your result.
Make sure that the goal should be specific, quantifiable, attainable, and time-bound.
Know your target audience
When you are planning to choose LMS, it is vital to figure out who exactly you want to train. Once you gain the knowledge about it will help in defining better your learning strategy requirement.
To understand the clear vision of your audience, seek answers to the questions:
- What is the age of your audience? This aspect has a significant impact on your platform selection. For instance, a majority of the students are from generation Y. Such a category will undoubtedly appreciate learning by sharing vital knowledge with their peers and participating in online forums. As a result, you should look for an LMS that includes social learning elements.
- Do your employees have a range of abilities? If you are adopting LMS you need to see whether your employees are fully trained or not. In case you want to train newbies and seasoned employees, you’ll need a system. A system that doesn’t force students to go overboard due to the default framework.
In this scenario, an LMS that allows you to construct alternative learning tracks and test them on information they already know will be ideal.
- Is the staff tech-savvy? Select LMS that is incredibly simple and user-friendly. It should not hinder your process in case your employees are not digital veterans.
- See where your employees are comfortable in taking the course. Gather information from the employees as to where and when they want to pursue the course. For example, you get to know that your employees are comfortable learning from mobile devices. So make sure you choose mobile-friendly LMS too. A platform like Graphy not only offers a branded website but also offers a user-friendly branded mobile app.
- Several employees, you will be training. If your company is huge, you may require a system that allows for mass user registration. Ascertain that your system can scale as needed.
Once you get to know the answers, it will be easy for you to achieve your training goal. Identifying the requirement LMS features needed for your business is the key aspect of achieving your vision. Keep in mind that you should create a comfortable, user-friendly, and engaging ambiance for your learners.
Step#2: Make a list of your LMS requirements
Once you have established your target and audience demographics, you need to concentrate on the LMS requirements. The more specific your LMS demand is, the better it will be to locate the perfect result.
The list below is the requirement that you should have to ease your learning process.
- Easy to create a course. Doesn’t it sound like this would be available in all the LMS software, as it’s the basic definition of the LMS? Unfortunately, most LMS doesn’t support the creation of courses module-wise.
Few platforms may ask you to create content in a different system and then import it into the program. Few don’t allow you to mix multiple modes of learning like videos, PDFs, PowerPoint, etc.
- Costing or pricing. You have to also look for prices that work well based on the usage of your LMS. look for its flexibility and how well it will help you scale up your business.
- Branded. You expect to have your brand and reputation. Many platforms offer branded websites at higher plans. Most of them don’t even provide a branded mobile app. Moreover, the platform should let you customize the look and appearance of your LMS.
- Security. Choose a cloud-based LMS that provides reliable hosting. Make sure that the platform provides multi-layer content security. The information of your learners should be end-to-end encrypted.
- User-friendly. The platform should be made in such a way that it becomes easy for a creator to do things on their way. It should be a user-friendly and easy-to-handle interface.
- Customer support. You should choose a platform that provides you with 24*7 support. Along with that should have the facility of a dedicated account manager.
- Results & Review. Pick an LMS that provides you the facility of tracking the performance of the learners. Along with that, you should also get to know the feedback about your course.
- Certification. Make sure that the LMS has the facility of providing the in-built certification. A certified course always attracts learners. It improves the credibility & authenticity of your online content.
Related: How to price your online course
Graphy being an all-in-one platform provides you with all of the above features. Moreover, it also gives you flexibility in payment gateways. It allows you to receive country-wise currency payments.
Related: How To Build A Course Sales Page
Step#3: Take a tour of the market
By now you must have already decided on the LMS features you require as well as the price range. Your task is now to slash the hundreds of options to a manageable number of options. To begin, choose one of the techniques for selecting vendors from the list below:
- Inquire with your friends and coworkers about the methods they’re employing. If you’re considering an LMS and know someone who uses one, they can be a valuable resource. Because they have firsthand knowledge and can let you know about how things are going.
- You should also check out the rating and reviews of the LMS platform. Always compare the platform and choose the best one.
- Furthermore, you check on the features that you were expecting. Once you get the desired features, it will be easy for you to filter out the unwanted LMS.
Step#4: Assess Companies
Now that you have restricted yourself with a limited number of options, it is time to assess them. Remember your ultimate goal should be to shorten the list of companies. Let’s deep-dive and learn even more about the LMS.
Scroll through the companies website
- Examine the LMS description page to see if the system includes all of the required elements or not. Check whether the platform fulfills all your needs and demands. Analyze the pages carefully and accordingly shortlist the platform.
- Pay close attention to the longevity of the company. Since how long they have been in the market. Check who their clients are and what they have to say about the company. Go to the award section and see what awards they have conquered till now.
- Go through the testimonials sections and see the success stories of the customers.
- Search for the knowledge base on the site. Look for the videos, product documentation, blogs, and so on. The leading LMS platform will always have a comprehensive knowledge base.
- Look at the tech support. How much advanced and high-quality technical support they are providing. Explore the chatbot as well. Ask any questions just to track their replying time.
- If it is a foreign company, see for the multilingual feature. See whether the vendor supports your desired language or not.
- Figure out how often they update their system. How well they can and will handle the update.
- Check whether the entire control lies on your hand or not. Choose an LMS where you are the boss and the controller.
- See whether you have to share the cut of your revenue or not. It’s you who is putting in the hard work and creating the content. You of course don’t want to share the cut of your expertise.
A very strong reason why most of the creators prefer Graphy. The good news is, Graphy doesn’t ask for any revenue or percentage share from your earnings. If you earn 10,000 or 1,00,000, the amount will be completely yours. Depending upon the plan you just have to pay the platform usage fees.
If you perform the above activity, you will shorten your vendor list and bring it down to 3-5 companies.
Related: How to build your online education empire
Test the learning management system
When you take a car, before purchasing you go on a test drive. In the same way, if you are planning to start your online teaching business you need to take a demo.
During the free trial, you can check the complete authenticity and credibility of the company. During your trial session make use of the sheer interface. Find out the tech support facility, try to utilize it to the core.
Construct a list that consists of the following question and can ask those in the demo session.
- What is the cost of the LMS? Do they have any hidden charges? If yes, what are those?
- Can you personalize the sales page according to your choice?
- Do the LMS already have the in-build third-party integrations?
- Do they have an option of bulk enrollment?
- What kind of precautions are taken for protecting the user’s information & data?
- What is the refund policy?
- What are the growth and scalability possibilities of the LMS?
Step#5: Select a learning management system
After a thorough interrogation and research, you should be able to select the right LMS. List down the features, needs, demands, support, maintenance, and so on. When you have listed your requirements choose the best LMS software accordingly.
If you have made it this far then by now you must have built an outline of your requirements. You already know what needs to be done.
Finding an LMS might be difficult, but adopting this instruction can make the process much easier. You can escape a hefty trial-and-error procedure if you keep all of these helpful hints in mind.
Are you hunting for a convenient yet powerful learning platform? Try out Graphy, the all-in-platform. Get a free trial of the Graphy platform, with a full tour of the functional version. It lets you try out the customized learning platform’s features & tools without investing any money.