In this blog. we will talk about the best free online bibliography and citation tools.
Online bibliography and citation tools have become an essential part of eLearning projects. Especially if you are an eLearning educator. eLearning content developers make ample use of these platforms. This helps to avoid blame for stealing somebody else’s ideas. Yet, cost keeps rising if you add fancy citation tools. Using smart and advanced features adds to your budget. Today, there is an overload of solutions on the market. These have self-created databases and web-based citation generators. With an array of options available. One might be requesting what’s the best citation generator to use.
In this article, we look at various bibliographies generator apps with plug-ins. So, let’s talk about the best free online bibliography and citation tools. Without bringing the extra burden on your eLearning budget.
12 free online bibliography and citation tools
Before jumping into the free online bibliography and citation tools. Let’s know about them in detail.
What’s a bibliography
A bibliography is a list of all the sources you have used to research your work. But, in general, a bibliography must include:
- authors’ names
- titles of the works
- names and locations that published copies
- the dates when published
- the page numbers of your sources
The bibliography has a very specific format of writing. But that format will depend on the respective style of writing. Your teacher or publisher will tell you how to write.
The bibliography is sometimes called the references, works cited, or works conferred page. Now let’s get into the depth of online bibliography and citation tools.
It is one of the best and most useful free online bibliography and citation tools. All the elements an eLearning content developer needs are there.
- 4 Citation Styles- MLA, APA, Turabian, or Chicago, BibMe can enable you to reference your work.
- Variety Of Sources – Journals, websites, books, and both digital and print formats.
- Plagiarism Checker – Check content for plagiarism against plenty of sources. It helps to avoid using somebody else’s words.
- Features And Plan – Free Version Available and most of the features are available in the free version.
This is one of the most easy-to-use free online bibliography and citation tools.
- Vast Citation Style Variety- Citation help eLearning content developers. Helps in all 4 major styles, APA, MLA, Chicago, and Turabian. But, it provides a library of 7000 more citation styles.
- Resources And Guides- The platform offers a manual on how to cite in APA, MLA, and Chicago.
- Plagiarism Checker- It offers this feature that only comes if you subscribe though.
- Many Sources- Citation Machine permits you to cite content from magazines, and newspapers.
- Features And Plans- Free Version Available
- Citation Machine has many good features for free.
Citavi is a free and wonderful bibliography and citation tool. eLearning content developers can use for their understanding of organization needs. It is also a task management platform.
- Research Process Management- From importing sources to allocating tasks in a team. This free online bibliography and citation tool helps you create a works-cited page.
- Many Options To Add References- Citavi gives you the chance to select the way you want to add references. It features 35 options. It includes automatic or manual referencing using a bar code scanner.
- Knowledge Organizer- Two groundbreaking options are Citavi exclusives. It enables you to organize knowledge. Keywording and a hierarchical category will aid you in adding your thoughts.
- Features And Plans- Free Version and various premium options are available. Citavi doesn’t charge up to 100 references. They have various premium membership options for commercial use and education use.
While having a simplistic interface. This platform offers all good free online bibliography and citation tools.
- 3 Citation Styles- APA, MLA, and Chicago to cover all your essential references.
- Good Variety Of Sources- Webpages, books, newspapers, online videos, and print sources.
- Style Guides for 3 Citation Styles- Complete list of styles for APA, MLA, and Chicago.
- Features And Plans- No Subscription Programs. It delivers all features for free.
It is a multi-purpose free online bibliography and citation tool. It is an excellent writing aid tool.
- Automatic Bibliographies And Writing Templates- It also features a great writing template. It helps you organize your thoughts.
- Features And Plans- Citelighter has a paid version. You have the chance to test its great features for free. Citelighter offers a very competitive package at a very affordable price.
Using online bibliography and citation tools helps preserve your content from others.
It is open-source academic literature management and free online bibliography and citation tool. It has lots of interesting features. Its features can assist eLearning content developers in referencing their eLearning materials.
- Single-Section User Interface has an Easy-to-use layout. It allows users to organize documents. It also enables many viewing of various annotations in different documents.
- Available in various platforms- You can find them in Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Features And Plans- No Premium Subscription Required. Docear doesn’t have any premium membership options. It gives you the chance to donate for its running and maintenance costs.
It is one of the best well-known free online bibliography and citation tools.
- Formatted Citations- You have to type in all the information.
- Simple And Easy Interface- Its interface is appropriate for all sorts of needs.
- Features And Plans- No Premium Subscription Required
- No fee for users to use Recipes4Success’s features.
We are in the digital era. An excellent deal of information comes from print publications. OttoBib is one of those free online bibliography and citation tools.
- ISBN Citations- It helps eLearning content developers. Reference by delivering the ISBN of the book.
- 6 Citation Styles- MLA, APA, Chicago, Turabian, Wikipedia, and BibTeX citation needs.
- Google Chrome Extension- This add-on allows you to make citations from the comfort.
- Features And Plans- No Subscription Required. OttoBib does not need any premium subscriptions.
Also read: Best Learnworlds Alternative -Graphy
Although it is a free online bibliography and citation tool. eLearning content developers can enjoy this Google Chrome extension.
- Many Citation Options- RefDot permits you to cite books, journals, and websites.
- Reference Storing- References in your Google Chrome browser.
- Lots Of Features- author management, XML, standard text, and HTML format viewing.
- Features And Plans- No Subscription Required
- RedDot is a 100% free Google Chrome extension.
Browser plugin and a wonderful free online bibliography and citation tool. It helps eLearning content developers manage and share their research sources.
- Personalized Resource Libraries- By implanting this plugin you can store digital sources. It can occur with a single click.
- Support For Many Sites- Zotero provides all the research help you need.
- Features And Plans
- No Subscription Required- But, it is a free online bibliography and citation tool. As such it does not need any memberships.
Easybib online bibliography and citation tool. It forms a functional way for people to reference various types of content. EasyBib delivers a well-rounded answer for all your citation needs.
- 59 Content Sources- Content range from traditional types to live performances and newsletters.
- Manual Cite- Easybib provides formatted citations. You also have the opportunity to cite your considerations.
- Features And Plans- No Subscription Required
- EasyBib offers its citation features for free.
CiteThisForMe is free online bibliography and citation tool. It offers an overload of features for reference management.
- Functional Interface- Citethisforme showcases a fantastic layout. Everything you need is available from the comfort of your dashboard.
- Practical Features- It has an amazing source, citation styles, and editing options. If you pay for a subscription, you can get many features. It has features such as a plagiarism checker, a mobile application, and a Chrome add-on.
- Features And Plans- Although CiteThisForMe comes with a free version.
Free online bibliography and citation tools are a practical way for eLearning developers. Furthermore, these platforms offer great and practical features with no more expenses. Need to maintain a low eLearning budget for an eLearning project. But, we hope you have got amazing ideas for online bibliography and citation tools. Use them and create plagiarism-free content for your learners.
Why do online course creators rate Graphy as the No. 1 course-building platform?
If you are an online course creator, then you may know that there are many platforms available in the market. But still, Graphy stands no 1 among all. Let’s take a deep dive into the advantages of using graphy.
Useful features that make Graphy the No. 1 course-building platform:
- It helps launch your online course with a branded website.
- It also helps you launch with branded mobile apps.
- It has multi-layer security. It helps to prevent your content from unauthorized accessibility and piracy.
- It has integrated multiple-payment gateways.
- It helps you to market and sells your course with advanced tools and techniques.
- Graphy helps you to create an extraordinary website and mobile app. It is possible to use any coding.
- It helps you to create your website in less than 15 minutes.
- Graphy has SEO-optimized landing pages. It helps your website rank better in search engines.
- Graphy has AI customer support along with dedicated account managers.
When we see, we find over 40,000+ creators have launched their courses today with Graphy. Use online bibliography and citation tools to create your own online courses.