In this blog, we are going to share a step-by-step guide on how you can transform your face-to-face classes into online classes.
Do you want to transform your face-to-face classes into online classes?
Well, if you are nodding your head, we would like to inform you that you are on the right track. Since online classes are high in demand and educators have made huge profits by switching to the online mode of teaching.
Apart from the monetary benefits, they also have been able to touch the lives of a larger audience. Earlier, they used to teach to a limited number of learners but due to this transformation now they are able to teach hundreds of learners simultaneously.
Isn’t it amazing?
So, if you are ready to transform your offline classroom into a virtual classroom, you have come to the right place!
As in this blog, we are going to share a step-by-step guide on how you can transform your face-to-face classes into online classes. Along with this, we will also share some tips that you can use to make your online classes engaging and interactive.
Table of Contents
Steps to transforming your offline classes into online classes
Define the format of your online classes
Once you decide to transform your face-to-face classes into online classes, you will need to decide on the structure and the format of your online classes.
Since you would already have been into teaching, you would be aware of the methodologies and practices that are required to build engagement in your classes. But, in virtual classes, learners tend to lose track quickly as compared to offline classes.
Hence, you have to incorporate modern teaching methods to make your online classes more interesting and engaging.
Ask yourself questions like:
- What are the types of questions that I will include while conducting live tests?
- How many times am I going to conduct live classes?
- How frequently am I going to give assignments to my learners?
- Am I going to use gamification features in my online classes?
- How many recorded lectures will be there in my online classes?
- What are the learning resources (PDF, eBooks) that I will give to my learners?
Once you find the answer to these questions, jot them down on a sheet of paper or in your laptop.
Make a comprehensive plan for your virtual classes. Plan your classes for a week. Figure out the targets that you have decided are achievable or not. If yes, you can plan your coming weeks accordingly. If not, then modify your plan.
Choose a platform to conduct your online classes
Once you have a clear picture of your course format, move on to the next level i.e., choosing an LMS platform. Again ask yourself questions like:
- Do I need to launch my institute’s mobile app along with the website?
- What are the payment methods that I want to have?
- What is my budget?
- How many learners am I going to enroll in my classes?
- Am I going to promote my online classes using modern marketing techniques?
Once you find out the answers to these questions, start looking for the online teaching platform(s). Make a list of the alternatives, write down their features and pricing then compare them on the basis of your requirements and budget.
Before making the final decision, don’t forget to go through the customer testimonials of these platforms. Do your research and search about them on platforms like quora. You will find some genuine reviews there as well.
Moreover, most of these platforms provide a free-trial period, you can leverage it. Choose a platform that has an attractive user interface and is easy to use. Check it out from your learner’s perspective as well. Once you feel comfortable, go ahead and pay for it.
But, if you don’t want to go through this pain of searching for the best online teaching platform, we have a solution for you!
You can choose Graphy (the all-in-one knowledge-commerce platform) for conducting your online classes. As it provides all the advanced features that you would need to take your online teaching business to new heights.
Some of the Graphy’s best features are:
- The branded online course website and mobile application
- Robust marketing and sales tools
- Easy to use course builder
- Integrated payment gateways (both national and international)
- 100% secure platform
Well, in a single blog, we can not cover all Graphy’s features because they are endless! But, yes, if you want to provide the best online learning experience to your learners, you should choose Graphy without any doubt.
Start recording your lectures
Once you choose the online teaching platform, also known as a learning management system, you can start recording your lectures.
Even if you are recording for the first time, try to show up confidently. Don’t think that you have to be perfect. So, just focus on recording because with time you will become habitual of speaking in front of the camera.
Since you can not do everything on your own, you will need to hire a team to help you out.
Your team will help you with:
- Onboarding process of your learners
- They will ensure that payments are being received on time
- They will also help your learners if they get stuck somewhere
- They will also connect with the support team of the LMS platform in case of any technical issues
Hence, it would not be wrong to say that the success of your online classes will depend a lot on how skilled your team is. So, focus on building a highly skilled team. Try to hire people who have some experience in a similar field and possess good communication skills.
How can you make your online classes more interactive and engaging?
Well, after the lockdown of 2020, almost all the educational institutions, colleges, and schools have shifted to the online mode of teaching. We have seen our creators multiplying their revenue by providing the best learning environment and experience to their learners.
Here are some tips that we would recommend you to make your virtual classes interesting and engaging:
- Conduct live classes and live tests frequently
- Include quizzes and puzzles in every chapter
- Talk to your learning as if you are teaching them face-to-face
- Use animated slides and videos while teaching
- Conduct Q&A sessions frequently
- Give prompt feedback
- Ask your learners to explain topics that you had taught previously (By doing this your learners will pay attention when you will start any new topic)
- Pay attention to every learner and track their progress regularly
Moreover, you can also use gamification features. It helps in motivating your learners to complete the existing lesson so that they can move on to the next level.
To sum it up:
Hence, if you don’t want to miss out on these, you should switch to online mode of teaching and conduct your online classes with a bang on Graphy!