In this blog, you will learn top 10 e-book marketing strategies to make your ebook a hit.
The content world has changed, and if you are a content creator, the ebook is your weapon. Use it to show your creativity and establish your authority and expertise in your niche. Gone are the days when you had to go and meet multiple publishers and talk about your book to get published.
The world is changing. Today anyone can self-publish an E-book and sell their masterpiece online. Once in a lifetime, we all dream of publishing our own book.
However, ebooks are a great way to start passive income for your business. The key to a successful ebook is to share influential and relevant content that can help people to enhance their life or solve a particular problem they are encountering. You can also repurpose your earlier content of blog posts, article posts, etc, and include it in your ebook to create something truly valuable.
To show your talent and to make your ebook a hit, use a customer-friendly platform to launch your ebook. There are many online platforms in the market, but selecting Graphy will completely change the game. Along with a good platform, you also need good e-book marketing strategies to launch your ebook.
Let’s take a deep dive into marketing strategies.
Table of Contents
10 ebook marketing strategies to market your e-book
1)Identify your target audience
You need to think about the simple and best way to market your ebook. To do this, you need to identify to whom you will market your ebook. In short who is your target audience.
It is essential to first concentrate your marketing efforts on a group that will help you convert into sales. Focusing on a specific target audience is a good ebook marketing strategy that works best. However, trying to reach every audience is foolish.
2) Create a valuable ebook
Not all ebooks are valuable and knowledgeable. If you want to succeed, you need to provide exceptional value for your readers. Not only does this allow you to build stronger relationships with your audience, but also will make the ebook marketing strategies much more effortless.
Start by planning the type of ebook you want to write. Understand your topic of interest, and the lessons you want to impart to readers. However, uniquely present your ideas and tap your knowledge and ideas to create a book that changes people’s life after reading. Also, make sure your ebook looks good and attractive. But if the design isn’t strong enough you need to redo the design. If it’s your first book launch, you have to focus on the ebook marketing strategies and book promotion.
3) Email marketing is the future
In today’s world of content marketing, email is the most effective way to market your ebook. If you have your list of email ids of your targeted audiences use it. Even though email open rates are declining with time, using such simple tips can change your game.
Here are the 3 simple tips:
- While writing an email, make sure your copy is very clear and clickable. Add words like watch this video, this is just for you, in the email subject heading to build curiosity. Make sure to include a video if you’ve mentioned it in the subject heading.
- Add a GIF to the top of your email message so that your readers can see it. Make sure the GIF is consistent and in alignment with your email message.
- Invite people through email to download the free e-book. Make your e-book customizable. This will help you know your worth and you will understand whether your audiences like your ebook or not.
4) Position up your conversion funnel
After you’ve written the final draft, you need to host, deliver, and sell your ebook. You could achieve this by linking to an email marketing software provider like Graphy to send automated emails to your target audiences. To position your funnel, set up Facebook or Google Ads to drive people directly to your sales page. You can imagine, that setting up is especially complicated and time-consuming. It takes your focus from the ebook promotion.
A better way is to use an automated marketing funnel like Graphy to take care of all such activities. The platform shows you step by step through the entire process of the market to position your funnel your ebooks.
5) Create a compelling sales page
One of the best ways to show people the value of your e-book is by telling them about your product’s sales page. On your sales page, you can include the main highlights from your e-book and show some sneak peek. Make your e-book different from others and understand how audiences can benefit from your book. So if your e-book sales page doesn’t look clean and professional, visitors will never come back. Also, don’t forget to add a powerful call to action.
Create hype and convince your audience that buying your book is the correct thing that they can do. When your primary call to action isn’t moving the results you hoped, you may need to consider offering a secondary CTA where you’ll give something for free. This is one of the proven e-book marketing strategies that successful online course creators are following.
6) Tell your audiences through social media
Social media is a great tool to create hype and make some noise about your ebook. Be active on your social media pages like Facebook, Instagram, and Linkedin to tap your audiences.
Here are some of the tactics worth trying:
- You can create and schedule a series of posts telling your followers about the upcoming launch of your ebook.
- Schedule unique posts that talk about a particular topic covered in your book
- Discuss a specific segment of your book in your post or stories
- Ask your followers for suggestions and ideas on how they crack a challenge you cover in your ebook
- Use Google ads and Facebook ads to grab the attention of people
- Update your cover and background images on your social media profiles
- Also, you could add visual mockups of your book. It adds a layer of tangibility for your audience. So they can guess receiving something when they purchase.
Plus, numerous tests have shown that platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn are the best engagement platform to host your ebook launch. However, encourage your followers to share your ebook with their networks as this can grab others’ attention too.
7) Get interviewed before launch
If you can get yourself interviewed on an online show, that not only position your ebook but shows your creativity. Reach out to creators with a significant following, then appear on the show to present your expertise. Talk about the show that is related to the content in your ebook, so viewers and listeners of these shows will be interested to check out your ebook. This can be your long-term e-book marketing strategies.
8) Co-promote your ebook
Another amazing e-book marketing strategies is to find a relevant partner in your niche and ask them to promote your ebook. Ideally, someone who delivers a comparable type of service and has an audience that matches yours.
However, there are many ways to co-promoting your ebook.
- The most straightforward one is to do the called lead magnet swap. You encourage their ebook to your audience and they do the same for your content. This technique is simple, practical, and very fast.
- Another method is to write the ebook together with your partner. You could agree to write half of the ebook or a few chapters. The difficult part is getting the tone and content quality.
- The other way is to partner up with more than one brand. It makes the innovation process a bit more complex but having a few well-known brands on your cover gives you credibility. And this will make your ebook marketing process easier.
9) Pre-launch promotions
Pre-launch marketing is an excellent way to thrill your prospective customers. You can even display to them the behind-the-scenes of your ebook. You can also show the landing page and sales pages on your pre-launch activities. Include mockups, and list all the advantages and perks of buying your e-book before the launch. It is the most useful way to keep in touch with your future buyers.
10) Offer ebook for free
An ebook can be a fantastic lead magnet. Use this as free to get people to sign up for your email list. This way you get their contact details, and later you can encourage and convert them into paying customers. Offering your ebook to any significant influencers may help you get more audiences or even share with people for free in exchange for testimonials and reviews.
You should have one goal in mind that is to drive traffic to your site, grow your email list, and focus on boosting conversions. To have a smooth work process, you need to have a better platform in place. Using a user-friendly platform is a must that allows you to do all of those things with no hiccups. Here you have Graphy for your rescue.