A robust online training course is critical of any company’s good fortune. It’s like if you don’t start creating a solid training course you may end up losing your audience base.
You are planning to create a course and you are not certain from where to start. Do you know in the old days you needed IT, experts and software developers, to create your course?
But now all thanks goes to technology advancement. You can yourself have access to the numerous tools that let you develop your training content. You can have the entire control of your project.
Let’s straight away get into the blog.
Table of Contents
Create online training courses in 2022
Creating an online training course by yourself can be a daunting task. However, if you follow the following steps then you will eventually end up making a successful online course.
Step 1: Figure out why you’re doing it.
Before developing your course you should have a vision and mission as to why you are doing it. Just because it is tempting and popular doesn’t mean you have to do it. When you have a determination towards your goal then only you will be giving beyond your 100%.
Therefore, a lot of planning and research should go into your course content.
- Start with writing your goal and vision
- Pick up a niche and generate a clear understanding of what you will be teaching.
- Identify the key performance indicators (KPIs) you need.
- Look whether your course will be able to boom in the market or not.
- Take a deep dive into your competitor’s achievements, challenges, and future goals.
- Analyze how you will be standing out from your competitors.
Also when you are preparing the online training course outline, ask questions to yourself, like:
- What is the expectation of your target audience?
- What does your audience need to learn?
- What valve your course and you will bring to them?
- How will your organization be achieving the goal?
Related: How To Validate Your Course Idea
Step 2: Evaluate your target audience
Most online businesses fail because they don’t closely evaluate their audience base. See there is no point in targeting those people who are just not interested in your online course content. We have to target a group who share the same interests.
- What demographics do they have?
- What are they concerned about?
- What jargon or terms would they or wouldn’t they comprehend?
- What methods do they prefer to use to learn?
- What do they want to know and learn?
You’ll have a fanatic basis for your learner’s characteristics once you’ve answered these questions.
Step 3: Content creation
Now that you know the purpose of your eLearning content and your audience, it’s time to outline and create your content.
In this phase, you must decide:
- Your unique selling point
- The best learning pattern of your target population
- In case you experiment with alternative teaching methods then be your learners able to produce better results or not.
- The kind of educational resources you will provide to your learners
- The various categories will aid in achieving various learning outcomes.
Step 4: Establish your goal
Recognize the objective of your learners. What is their learning goal? What will you provide them that helps them to achieve their goals?
Remember, don’t be hesitant to ask questions and get a sense of what the students are looking for. Be sure to write these goals down based on the end result. Start by selecting 3-4 objectives for each lesson, and tailor your content to these goals.
To establish a goal let’s make use of the ‘SMART’ approach which is:
- Selective: Make sure that you know who your students are and what they will end up exploring and learning.
- Measurable: Is it possible to track/measure your progress of the defined goal.
- Attainable: Do you think that your goal is achievable? What are all challenges you can face achieving within the course? Understandably, setting up realistic goals which can be attainable within a timeframe and resources is critical and challenging.
- Related: Your defined goal should make sense to your target audience. Make sure that you understand well about your goal and how they are inter-connected.
- Time-Sensitive: Will your learners be able to attain the established goal within the time frame or by the end of the course.
Step 5: Jot down the design strategy
Now it’s time to create an online training strategy. In order words, lay down the procedure for creating your course. So to instruct and engage your students with your winning material!
You can use a variety of strategic learning tactics, including:
- Situational learning
- Discover learning
When deciding on a strategy, you should take into account the following factors:
- The kind of content you are introducing: The format in which you are delivering your content. You can either choose a mix of the multi forms of content delivery, depending on your goal. You start either through videos, podcasts, PDFs, powerpoints, etc.
- Impactful: Consider your content will be useful and what impact will it make on your audience.
- Target: By now you must have figured out the goal. Think about what your content will contribute to your goal.
Step 6: Creation of a storyboard
A storyboard is a crude visual outline that shows how texts, images, and other components will appear throughout your course. It will assist you and your team to look at the overall learning journey without the nitty-gritty details.
It allows you and the team to make any necessary modifications before creating the exact content for each component. So when you’ve finished designing your course, submit it for approval. Further, you’ll be well on your way to finishing it.
Related: How To Price Your Online Course
Step 7: Select your Learning Management System
Look there are hundreds of online course creator platforms where you can quickly construct your course. Artificial intelligence is also built into several LMS features and course developers. That leads to improving your learner’s experience. But what matters is who is helping you to grow with your own identity and brand.
It’s Graphy. Do you know Graphy offers a branded website as well as a branded mobile app? Graphy completely focuses on improving your brand by providing you access to advanced marketing and sales tools & features. You can design the sales page/ landing page according to your specification.
Well, it is a little difficult to understand the LMS features by just looking over them. That is why Graphy is giving you the free trial demo as well.
Isn’t it amazing?
Step 8: Construct your course
Now is the time when you have to start constructing your online course content once you have selected the eLearning platform.
Well well once you receive approval on your prototype, you can now begin designing your course.
You must keep a close watch on the course creation process. Keep in mind the motive of your course and you aren’t compromising on it. Look for challenges that you come across during the course creation process. Ensure that the course as a whole aims towards solving the problem.
Step 9: It’s time to go live
Seek feedback from your trusted advisor once you’ve presented the course content. It is important to let them go through it and make sure it meets all criteria and standards. Keep in mind that those who will be taking the course can accomplish their goals.
Be open to criticisms and feedback and be ready to make changes. Your ultimate goal is to deliver the polished course content. So make it better through the feedback if there is any.
Step 10: Promote your course
Once you have launched your course, it’s time to market it. People should know that you have a course and you are a brand. Without marketing or promoting there is no way they get to know about you.
Spread awareness about:
- Why should an audience buy your course?
- What is it that you are offering and others are not?
- The ease in doing the enrolment process.
- On which platform your course is available
- You can also create FOMO by offering a discount coupon for a limited time.
Now you must be wondering from where will you build awareness. The following are a few effective approaches:
- From your website
- Learning management system i.e in Graphy itself.
- Email marketing
- Social media posts
- Referral promotion & program
Graphy makes your life easier in this case. Graphy has inbuilt marketing tools and features. Most of the creators prefer Graphy over others because the control lies completely in your hands.
When you get stuck, our dedicated account manager is there to offer assistance right away. On top of that, you get 24*7 chat assistance.
At no point, you will be alone. Graphy made sure to cover you up from all around.
Creating a marketing plan is crucial. It deserves equal attention as it is an essential part of the development & strategy.
Step 11: Examine and seek feedback.
Inquiring about your learner’s opinions is a spectacular approach to connect with your present audience. Truly ensure that they receive most of the outcome from your online training course.
Seek the inputs and consider them. Utilize those inputs in improving your course content & material. It will help you in determining what you have done successfully and what needs improvement.
Make sure to include the management team to examine other factors like ROI and performance. It will give you clarity about how to enhance and upskill the course effectiveness.
If you came this far then hopefully you have got a good grasp of how to create online training courses. Note that it is not a one-and-done process.