In this blog, we will tell you how to get a professional email and 5 tips to create a professional email Id.
Every business needs mediums to communicate and email is one of the mediums for communication. But do you know how to get a professional email? However, many people think that emails are dead, but that’s not true. Emails are still alive. Particularly in professional settings employees spend 28% of their work reading and replying and sending emails. Therefore, email is the ultimate communication channel in the workplace.
Whether the communication is B2B or B2C communication is essential with the customers, clients, or with bosses. Based on your communication type with your clients you can choose the medium of communication. Though there are multiple methods of communication, the most trusted and reliable source of communication is email.
In the world of business communication, emails are unavoidable as it’s trustworthy and legal. Therefore, one uses emails to send professional business-critical communications. However, it not only provides valid proof for communication but also ensures security and privacy. The official email address allows the customer to remember your brand, adds credibility, and builds trust in the relationship.
Hence to make such a branding, every business should be associated with a domain that is associated with your brand. In this article, we cover how to get a professional email, the importance of emails, and tips to get one.
Let’s get started.
How to get a professional email
Are you feeling excited to know how to get a professional email? There are several email service providers available. But you need to sign up for a professional email address for your business. While you can create a professional email account with Gmail, Outlook, and Yahoo, however, there are some other fantastic options also.
Many of these email service providers offer paid plans, so you can use a custom domain name. That is particularly useful when you’re running your own business. Using a professional email address with a custom domain name gives your business a lot more power.
However, these days, it is almost impossible to get an email address with the first name and last name @domain.tld format. Using a professional email id is very useful and absolutely when you are starting up your own business. Whether you are an online course creator or an entrepreneur using a professional email is a must. Well, now let’s get into the depth of the format of an email.
What should be the professional email address format
The most ideal and suggested form of a professional email address is the email@example.com format. But by some other ways also you can get a professional email address like:
Well, you can also use an underscore to split the names, which is commonly used these days. It is most useful to avoid numeric characters in your professional email address. Your professional career may take you to various places and your skills will evolve, so firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com will become unpleasant. So remember the format to make one for you.
Later, we will tell you some tips and tricks for getting an email account that looks professional.
5 Tips to create a professional email address
Although creating a professional email address isn’t a tough, but still some things you should keep in mind:
- Keep it Short: Don’t make your professional email address long. If you have a very long name, use it short that’s easy to recall.
- Make it Pronounceable: Sometimes, you may have to read your email address out loud to someone. So you should try to make your professional email address pronounceable.
- Always choose a .com domain name.
- Do not use hyphens and numbers in your domain name.
- Try to include keywords and business location in your domain name to make it distinctive.
We hope now you don’t have any problem as you know how to get a professional email using 5 tips. Use them to make a better one.
Use a custom domain for your business email address
If you’re operating a successful business or just starting with one, it is believed a good idea to use a custom domain name for your email account. If you’re selling a service to a prospective customer, you would always love to print a professional email id with a custom domain name right.
Therefore, a custom domain name infuses trust in your prospective customers that you are serious about your business. More often, the custom domain name is used for the professional email address. It is just the primary domain name that you use for your business website. These days, it is easy to set up an email account with a custom domain name and most email service providers offer you the option of a custom domain. When you take their paid plan.
However, several good email providers offer business email hosting. Such as Google’s G Suite offering is arguably the most famous business email service, along with Microsoft’s Office 365, FastMail, etc. Therefore, use a custom domain for your business email id.
Best techniques while making business email addresses
Here, we will discuss these techniques that one should use when creating a business email id.
Here are these:
- There are a few things that are to be kept in mind when you make a business email address.
- Find a domain name that is related to your business and easily identified by customers.
- Having a standard format of email addresses across your organization is essential.
- Create group email addresses like firstname.lastname@example.org, so you can manage all the department emails.
- You should make sure that you ensure your business email address against spamming by establishing your domain with SPF and DKIM arrangements.
Now, you know, how to get a professional email and thus even use these techniques to create an email that suits your brand. Well, if you are already on the mind of starting a new online course and are in dilemma about a professional email address, don’t worry, Graphy is here to help you out. When you are with Graphy, then you are sorted. We help our creators to create one new professional email id along with your course. Or if you already have then it’s easy to attach one with our platform.
How to select the best email service provider
Multiple factors are to be considered when you choose an email service provider. Some of the factors are:
- Easy setup: The first factor to look at is whether the steps provided to set up your domain are simple and uncomplicated. Even while maintaining the process simple, keep in check that your service provider does not want you to skip the required authentication steps.
- Efficient migration: Make sure that the service provider helps you migrate with efficiency all your emails, contacts, and other data however, migration cannot be compromised at any cost.
- Secure and private: Choose a service that ensures your data security and privacy. There should be multiple layers of authentication and end-to-end encryption for your messages. Personal information shared with the service also should be kept private.
- A custom domain that matches your business: Your email domain should be relevant to your business, so make sure that the email service you select permits you to deliver a domain of your preference.
- Robust control panel: Choose a service provider that has a strong control panel, that lets you take control of all your domain settings, control users and group addresses, etc. The service should also ensure you a good percentage of uptime.
- Collaboration and other business tools: It will be best if the provider has built-in tools like calendar, notes, contact management, etc.
Why is it necessary to make a professional email address
The primary reason for having a business email address is to enable your customers to identify you. A business email address helps you to identify:
- Project your professionalism: Having an email address of your brand shows that you’re serious and professional about your business and thus your business will also be taken seriously by your customers. However, they are most likely to pick and trust a business with a professional email address after all.
- Show your authenticity and earn customer trust: When you send emails using the business address that includes your business’ name, your customers know that the email is from an authentic source. They will remember you even before opening your content. This will allow them to build their trust and give them the confidence to reply to your emails.
- Promote your brand: With your business’ name in your email address, you are actually promoting your brand. This way you’re sure to remain in their memory for a long time.
- Be consistent: When you make individual and group email addresses with your domain, make sure that every email that goes out has a standard format and thus preserves consistency.
- Keep away from getting spammed: When clients remember you by your brand name, they are less likely to mark you spam. If you use generic email accounts, your emails might not receive the credit they earn and end up being scammed.
In the end, your professional email address is not just a place to send and receive mail. It is more powerful and it is one of your marketing tools also. To make more sales, your professional email address must work on your behalf to build trust. However, keep it consistent with your brand and carefully think about the standard of your company when making business email addresses. It is the future as it helps you to grow your business and your brand.
Host your online courses on Graphy
As a course creator if you are looking to host your course, then use Graphy.
We would recommend you to choose a knowledge-commerce platform like Graphy that helps you create, market, and sell your online courses under one platform!