In this blog, we’ll take a look at various advertisement options available to run on your YouTube ads and grow your course business.
YouTube is already ruling the internet today. There are nearly 30 million+ daily active users on YouTube in a single day, making it the second most popular website to exist after Google.
If you are amongst the creators who have their own YouTube channel with a decent number of subscribers, you should know that even if YouTube ads are probably the best revenue-generating way for you, there are multiple alternatives to generate a revenue stream for yourself than just that.
Along with using YouTube ads, affiliate marketing, and brand sponsorships, you can also choose to launch your virtual course to make a permanent living through YouTube.
Use Graphy’s comprehensive platform to build your online authority, drive organic traffic through your valuable content, and capture more leads than you already are through your YouTube channel.
Use our robust platform to optimize your course website and landing pages using meta tags, keywords, clean HTML code, and many more.
Well, if that’s figured out, let’s dive into discussing how you incorporate the six types of YouTube advertising available to grow your course business as a YouTuber.
6 types of YouTube ads that can grow your course business
YouTube advertising is a way of displaying your business video content on YouTube search results through Google Ads so you can cater to your audience better and leverage YouTube advertising enormously.
Skippable in-stream ads
- Trueview in-stream ads are streamed before, during, or at the end of a video a viewer is already watching. Such ads are usually short, informative, and skippable after five seconds of viewing.
- In-stream ads are displayed on the top right corner of the YouTube window, and usually double a brand’s exposure. So even at times, the viewer chooses to continue watching the video content they choose to watch, they’d still recognize the brand upon seeing the display ad in the top corner.
- Such a type of ad usually charges on a CPV basis i.e cost per view. In other words, when and if a viewer watches your ad for 15 or 30 seconds (depending upon the duration of the video), or interacts with your ad by clicking it, then a commission of it is provided to you.
- Example of skippable in-stream ads on YouTube:
In the image provided, the viewer has the option to skip it.
Non-skippable in-stream ads
- A trueview non-skippable in-stream ad is the type of YouTube advertisement which can be played anytime during a video.
- Such an in-stream ad can be placed anywhere within the publisher’s content without providing the viewer the option to skip it. Usually, the duration of such an advertisement is fixed i.e 15 to 20 seconds.
- Non-skippable type of ad is charged on a reservation basis. In other words, if you plan to set a non-skippable YouTube ad on certain video content, then you must first buy a certain amount of impressions on YouTube.
- Example of non-skippable in-stream ads on YouTube
In the image provided, the viewer doesn’t have the option to skip it.
- A bumper ad is a type of YouTube advertisement that bumps right into the video that a viewer is watching.
- Since such ads only last for six seconds and are often the shortest and unskippable, you need to stress getting your message across to the viewer quickly and effectively for better promotion of your business/brand.
- In-feed is a type of YouTube ad format wherein an ad is placed on the search result page. Such an ad reveals whether it’s sponsored or promoted content.
- It’s the type of advertising method where you put forth your content amongst other branded content on the digital property, in this case, YouTube.
- Example of in-feed ads on YouTube:
- An overlay ad is a type of YouTube ad displayed to viewers without interrupting the flow of the video content that a viewer is watching.
- Such an ad mostly just hovers in on the video and usually has a transparent body.
- Example of Overlay Ads on YouTube:
Responsive display ads
- The final type of YouTube advertisement that you can run to promote your content online is responsive ads.
- Such an ad is quite flexible and can run on all Google platforms.
- Responsive display ads use assets that you provide such as a long headline, short headline, description, an image (or a video), and your logo.
- Example of responsive display ads on YouTube:
Why every YouTuber should sell courses online
Advantages of existing audience
Most creators launch their courses online but struggle to reach their potential buyers, even after applying rigorous marketing techniques they fail to convert their audience into paid members.
Having an existing audience base on YouTube becomes very beneficial when you plan to sell courses online. Since your subscribers are already aware of your content value, it gets easier to target them.
Provides control on your earrings
When you choose to grow your course business as a YouTuber, you also agree to diversify your revenue-earning sources.
YouTube doesn’t guarantee the number of brand sponsorships or ad revenue you’ll generate in a month.
Therefore, it is recommended to sell courses online in your particular domain on priority to get a grip on your income.
Online courses for easy feedback
It can get tricky to start as an online course creator. Sometimes you can be confused about picking the right course topic, other times you can be anticipating a lot of student feedback.
When you choose to grow your course business as a YouTuber, your subscribers’ reactions on YouTube will speak volumes.
They will make the process to get validation and feedback from your audience much easier.
The advantage to establish a better
When you choose to sell courses online as a successful YouTuber, you are least likely to invest your time and effort in building an audience base, as you already must have one.
This provides you with the time to put your energy into creating content on valuable topics and learning materials, thus giving you the edge to establish yourself better online.
Online courses can be a powerful resource
The best part of selling courses online as a YouTuber is that you don’t have to work constantly towards getting new brands or plugin new products in your YouTuber videos.
All you have to do when you decide to sell courses online as a YouTuber is that you will have to promote them right on your YouTuber channel.
Easy promotion through the YouTube channel
Your YouTube channel is already a powerful marketing tool. You can use your channel to spread awareness about your virtual course.
Make YouTube videos on the advantages of your joining membership site, let your audience know about the exclusive benefits they can accept if they sign up, and many more.
Youtube advertising is very suitable for your virtual course business to generate awareness about your offerings.
However, you can accelerate your growth by using Graphy – a one-stop solution for all your virtual course launch needs.