In this blog, we will be discussing strategies that you can follow to build or create branded mobile apps to teach online.
Let’s begin today’s topic by discussing the terminology first. In one of our previous blog posts, we have already discussed in detail the importance of an online learning app to sell courses online. However, a lot of people in business still don’t understand the true meaning of the word “branded mobile apps”.
Branded mobile apps refer to how the users will perceive the mobile app while interacting with it, in regards to its visual image, communication, & reputation.
Remaining in tune, let’s discuss branding as a set of marketing strategies that you can use:
- To create branded mobile apps to teach online,
- Promote your online presence, &
- Sell courses online effectively.
Table of Contents
Build a branded mobile app for your business
First off, you need to understand that branding will make an impression on users:
- Copy, and style.
It will define which methods of promotion will help in setting up shortcuts from an app to the ultimate user.
Thus, it is suggested that you build certain objectives to clarify the purpose & utility of your app better.
Jot down the conventional questions first and answer them one by one. For instance,
Question: Who will be using your mobile app and why will they be willing to use your mobile app?
Answer: People who are interested in learning a skill or gaining knowledge from your online course will be the ones who will primarily be using your branded mobile application.
Similarly, you can bring clarity to more of your common doubts by answering the following questions:
- What would be the USP of your mobile app? How is it unique and different as compared to others?
- What will be the tone/voice of your app? Do you want to communicate with a user as an expert, teacher, friend, or someone else?
- How will you present your mobile app? What is the main message that you want to communicate with its visuals, logo, colors, illustrations, mascots, and more?
- How do you think your users will get information about your app? What channels of communication will you be focusing on for your mobile app’s promotion?
Answering these questions or more will help you in building a pathway to put your efforts into. Also ensuring that your brand image remains integral and consistent.
For instance, here’s on the Graphy app (both iOS/Android): You can create your app in just a few minutes. Besides that, you can sell, market, and build your community within the app itself. Isn’t it amazing!
Strategies to build a branded mobile app
Once you successfully identify your target audience & the issues the app resolves, you can build your brand’s image by applying the essential strategies mentioned below.
Set the logo and app icon
Talking about branded mobile apps to teach online, it’s imperative to think about the correlation between an app icon and a logo.
An app icon is a unique or original image of the brand used to represent it on different platforms. A logo is a visual representation of the brand. Also, its core elements include:
- A symbol,
- Letter mark,
- Combination mark, or
- An emblem logo.
In most cases, an app icon also features the logo of the brand, designed specifically as per the requirements. For instance, a mascot or an abstract combination of corporate colors.
Another way to make the branding of your mobile app consistent is by creating a set of keywords for it. You can choose:
- Descriptor keywords to identify and describe the core features users should catch immediately from the looks and interactions.
- Brand keywords, particularly helpful with SEO and promotional campaigns, are a set of words of different variants or extensions of your brand’s original name that people will use to find your app.
- Brand-plus keywords refer to the combinations of qualifying words & phrases that reflect the app’s brand name & are helpful for both SEO and content creation. For example, for the Graphy app, we have a Graphy special offer, a Graphy landing page, and more.
Decide the copy (Name and slogan)
During the creative process of design and development, decide on a memorable name that you think reflects the benefits of your brand. Ensure the availability of the name chosen in AppStore and Playstore as well.
While branding for an e-learning mobile app with limited space, it may sometimes seem difficult to add a catchy tagline or a slogan that sends the message about the core benefits of the app to the user. However, you’ll require a slogan to promote the app in the future in landing pages, emails, etc.
While developing a strong branded mobile app to sell courses online, it’s vital to give it a pinch of ingenuity. Thus, create custom graphics that are aesthetically satisfying to make the app unique and attractive to users. Add graphic content like logo, mascots, custom illustrations, branded interactive elements like splash screens, tutorials, etc.
Personalization & user onboarding
Set personalized techniques & interactions that make users comfortable. Before you sell courses online to them, give them the first concise introduction and enable them the ability to customize certain features, and interact as per their needs, making it more personalized for them.
Help and support
It’s vital to remember that real branding is about attracting users’ attention and the experiences users will have while using your e-learning mobile app. So, take care of the support they need at any step of the interaction.
The majority of successful creators worldwide use Graphy’s robust course building platform to sell courses online on their branded website and mobile application as Graphy provides 24/7 dedicated support.
The goal of landing pages for a branded mobile app is to concisely cover its benefits and functions. Essentially, you should create landing pages for your target audience based on multiple factors like:
- Demographics, and
- Behavioral targeting in your mobile app.
For instance, the process gets a lot simpler if you use Graphy to optimize each of your course landing pages using meta tags, keywords, clean HTML code, and even integrate blogs.
Social networks are very important for brand awareness and brand recognition. Thus, promotional campaigns, reviews, and public pages for branded mobile apps should be seen as a direct sales channel from which users will directly install the app to learn more.
Create branded mobile apps with Graphy
Cut through the noise by launching your own branded mobile apps. Choose Graphy to create online learning websites and mobile apps with no coding required at all.
- Launch branded Android and iOS apps
- Optimum security and convenience
- Run offers, send reminders, upsell your courses, and more.
Focus on creating and developing a greatly designed e-learning mobile app, that is visually amazing and can carry out a well-performed marketing campaign to sell courses online to a loyal audience.
Design your android & iOS mobile apps
If you are in the business plan or above, your mobile apps will be live on the play store or the app store. However, just like the course website, it will be following a standard design.
With no hassle at all, you can choose to customize the way your mobile apps appear to users from within the course website itself. Graphy mobile apps (both Android & iOS) have options such as:
- Blog: By default, the blog section is visible on the Graphy mobile app. However, you can select “No”, if you do not wish to keep it.
- Blog location: By default, the blog section is placed on the sidebar of Graphy mobile apps. However, you can click on “Home”, and get it changed to “Home.”
- Landing screen: Whenever a user visits your app, by default they land on “Store.” However, you can change it to “My courses” or “Blog”, whichever you prefer.
- About us: The “About Us ” section is by default visible on Graphy mobile apps. However, if you don’t want it, make it go away by selecting “No” and proceeding.
- Allow app on rooted devices/ emulators: If you want to allow your app on rooted devices or emulators like Bluestack, you can do so by clicking on “Yes”. However, we don’t suggest turning it “Yes” for security reasons.
- Allow screen mirroring: Screencast your mobile device’s content to a larger screen, such as a TV or tablet screen. If you wish to enable this feature, click on “Yes” and proceed.
- Store theme: Set a “category wise view”, “label the category” and “choose a category name”. Based on the number of courses you have, you can set the theme of your store.
With all the required features available in one place, Graphy offers a seamless process of course creation so creators can focus their time on building, marketing, and selling courses online.