In this blog, let’s take a look at the 3 really easy ways to add music to any video to increase the production quality of your videos and make them more attractive.
Imagine learning from videos with just plain text.
How do you picture it?
Simple! But boring, right?
Now, imagine learning from videos that include visually appealing graphics, animations, transitions, soundtrack, narration, and sound effects, as well.
Isn’t it more interesting?
Well, unlike GIFs, videos can have background music that makes them more interesting for learners who are watching those videos to get information. As a result, you can create and sell courses online that are more engaging.
In this blog post, we will be looking at the most preferred and 3 really easy ways to add music to any video you want. Using these ways you can easily create a full video with audio, voice notes, or narration of your choice.
3 really easy ways to add music to any video
Add background music to a video using Windows
If you are a course creator who prefers not to download and install any third-party software to put music on a video, then Window’s powerful build-in tool is most suitable for you. Windows 10 usually comes with a basic video editor that allows you to carry out most basic editing tasks, including adding music to your videos.
By following the steps mentioned below you can use Windows 10 to add any music files to your videos:
- Open the start menu and search for “video editor’ in the search bar
- Once you find the application, click on it to open the application
- After opening the application, redirect yourself to the “new project button” to create a new project for your task
- Give your project a name and hit ‘ok’ to get started
- Click ‘add’, and select the ‘from this PC’ option to choose the file you want to put music onto
- Once the video appears in the editor, right-click on it and select “place in the storyboard”
- Now to add music, click on the “custom audio” option at the top
- Select “add the audio file” on the right sidebar
- Select your audio file, use markers to set the position of your music, and click “done”
- Click “finish video” seen at the top to save your edited video
Add background music to a video using Mac
If you are a macOS user, you can use Apple’s very own video editor, iMovie to simply just add any type of background music to your videos. Additionally, many people including the successful creators on our Graphy platform prefer using Apple’s iMovie because other than adding background music to videos, iMovie also offers other professional-level editing features to make your course videos more appealing to students.
Follow the mentioned steps below and use iMovie to quickly and very easily add music to videos. Here’s how:
- In case you haven’t already, download and install the iMovie app on your laptop or computer
- Open the app, click on ‘create new’, and select ‘movie’ to get started with a new video editing project
- Once the timeline opens up, click the ‘file’ menu from the top and choose ‘import media’ to add the video file to the timeline
- Similarly, import the audio file as well. You can even import your audio files from iTunes
- Once all the files you need are imported, drag the video file you want to edit over to the timeline and place it on the uppermost track available
- Then drag the audio track and place it right beneath the video file on the timeline
- Once both the video and audio are in the timeline for editing, you can adjust the position of your audio file as per your preference
- Once set, click on the play icon in the mini player to get a preview of how your video looks with the audio added
- If you are satisfied with the output, click on file > share > file to export your video
- Specify how you would want to save your video and hit ‘next’
Add background music to a video using third-party software
Essentially, a third-party video editor should offer you more features and control over how you add music to your videos online. If you want more clarity in your output files and don’t find Windows’ built-in editor or the macOS’s video editor most suitable, here’s an app for you that you can use to get the professionalism you are seeking.
OpenShot is a free, open-source, and excellent video editing tool that offers a ton of features, including features to add sound effects and songs from the library to your videos. You can use OpenShot to add music files, narrations, audio transitions, and more to any of your videos. Additionally, using OpenShot, you can even multiple files at once, remove background noises, and more.
Here’s how you can use OpenShot to add music to videos:
- Go to OpenShot’s website, download, install and launch it on your computer
- Click the ‘file’ menu from the top section and select ‘import files’, then choose both the video file you want to edit and add them to the program
- Once added into the program, click on “add to timeline” and add it to the timeline for editing
- Select ‘track 5’ as the ‘track’ for your video and hit on ‘ok’
- Similarly, right-click on your music file, select it, and add it to the timeline
- This time add the music file on top of the video file. Choose ‘track 4’ from the track dropdown menu and hit ‘ok’
- Click the play icon beneath the mini player to get a preview of your edited video
- If everything looks fine to you, then click on file > export project > export video to save your video on your device
- Provide a name to your video, choose a destination for your file, select a file format, and hit on ‘export video’ at the bottom, and you are ready to upload your video on various course creation platforms
Whether you are a podcaster, music producer, coder, or chemistry teacher, at some point in your online teaching career you’ll be required to create explanatory videos where you’ll be required to demonstrate the topic in discussion.
Creating videos takes a lot of time and effort. And all of your hard work can go to waste if you skip or forget to add audio tracks in your video’s background.
We hope that we could help you with the list of the top 3 really easy ways to add music to any video. However, it’s also vital that once your video (with the audio) is created you use Graphy’s robust platform to upload them as course content and reach an audience worldwide.
Graphy is an easy-to-use course creation platform that helps creators, educators, and institutions to build, design, launch, and sell courses online. If you use Graphy’s robust course creator platform to sell courses online, you get a simple & straightforward UI to operate & optimize courses.
Create a membership site, sell unlimited digital products, and engage better in Q&As, discussions, LIVE sessions, and learning activities. Also provide exclusive benefits such as coupons or discounts, partner with other successful experts in your niche, and many more.
Additionally, Graphy also provides dedicated assistance to get you onboard without any hassle, and 24/7 support to users over email, calls, or chat.